Thursday, December 8, 2011

Me 1:

So, I finished my first work day at the women's Boutique, MkLaren, opening up on Thursday of this week.

Let's be honest, folks, I almost CRIED when I walked into this place. SO many BEAUTIFUL things, so little money. ;) I'm tellin' ya'll, a woman could lose her ASS in here and walk away happy!

For the whole day, I learned to steam, hang, tag, and fold. One factoid about my first day: I folded EVERY single pair of pants in the WHOLE STORE. They had all been folded backwards, so that the LEFT pocket was out, when everyone (who's ANYONE and knows a SINGLE THING about designer denim) knows that the all-important pocket markings are always on the RIGHT side. By the time I was done, I was better at it than anyone else in the store, including the owner, LOL! ;D

One of the COOLEST things about this job is that it is super important for all of us sales associates to understand the sizing and fit of most (if not all) of the items in the store. You might ask, "What does this mean, exactly?" Well, folks, it means... DRESS UP TIME! Heh. When things are slow in the store, you're supposed to either try things on, or say to a fellow associate, "Girl, I gotta see you in THIS!" Just like being a little girl in a princess outfit all over again!

So, my "Must-HAVE" item for today is a camel-colored coat by the designer Theme, which had been giving me the EYE all day:



Today, this jacket... tomorrow, THE WORLD?!? Sigh. Who knows... I'll probably never get to find out WHAT I could achieve if I owned this coat. LOL! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment