Saturday, November 12, 2011

11NOV2011

Had to wake up early today to go, AGAIN, to my EX-house, where I am, AGAIN, babysitting my EX-dog, Lucy.... Gahhhhh. She's always SO excited to see me that I feel like a voyeur just watching her. Kinda sad. :/

-----

On the way back from this house filled with the ghost of my past relationship, a SUPER-corny yet SUPER-awesome song came on while I was listening to NPR. The song was “Garden Party” by the early-70’s dreamboat Ricky Nelson.



I thought, “Oh, this is such a sweet song. Learn to be who YOU want to be, not who someone ELSE wants you to be.”

My friend Joseph had a different take on things. “This is a song about masturbation. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Me: Booo. It’s not like this is a flippin’ MADONNA song, or something… ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment