Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Me 2:

I took a break from filling out job applications to go outside for a bit, and met my friend and neighbor Jeff while he was out with his dog. I tried to explain the nervousness I felt when turning in an application for a job I FINALLY really, really want, but he was not terribly sympathetic.

Jeff: What are you afraid of?!? Once they meet you in person, they'll SEE you're the one for the job. They'll be able to understand all of those things you can't put down on paper.

Me: Like WHAT?!?

Jeff: Come on. You are RIDICULOUS when it comes to meeting new people. It’s like, you can walk in to 7-Eleven, for God’s sake, not knowing anyone, and come out saying, “Hey, Tim! How are your kids doing?”

Me: Okay, you’re being a smart ass, but maybe you have a point…

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment