Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Me 1:

Okay. I know this song is trite, and was WAY over-played for awhile. Additionally, while I used to LOVE "Dave Matthews Band" back in the day, I acknowledge that, in recent years, it seems likely that Dave Matthews was abducted by aliens and replaced by a cyborg who seems to produce nothing but CRAP.

Nonetheless, I STILL love this song. Primarily for its rad music video:



Some of you may recognize the main character in this video as "Frank" from the show "30 Rock", played by the actor Judah Friedlander.

In any case, this poor fat guy wakes up in the morning and goes out in the world, and tries to get a little bit o' love from the people he meets there. In the beginning, he is rejected over and OVER again, but eventually... he finds what he is looking for. :)

My love-deprived inner fat kid LOVES this video... and I'll admit it: this song, too.

"Pick me up, love, from the bottom,
Up onto the top, love, everyday
Pay no minds to taunts or advances,
I'm gonna take my chances on everyday."

No comments:

Post a Comment