Monday, November 21, 2011

Me 1:

IKEA, why hast thou forsaken me?!? ;)

I built myself a dining room table tonight, which turned out quite lovely.

AND THEN?!? I tried to build myself a bed frame. DUN DUN DUN....

I even enlisted the help of my neighbor, Jeff. Because, I mean, there's this GREAT picture at the front of the instruction manual:


I did EXACTLY like Ikea said!!! I got a FRIEND to help me, although Jeff didn't happen to have a pencil behind his ear... But STILL. I did what they said.

BUT, it turned out that I was missing a CRUCIAL piece!!! You can see this GIGANTIC, important metal piece, which runs down the middle of the frame and SUPPORTS THE ENTIRE BED here:


I was SUPER pissed. I mean, I've been PUTTING OFF building this DAMNED thing because I thought it would be really hard, and then FINALLY decided to build it tonight. Jeff and I searched BOTH of the TWO boxes for this piece, and it SERIOUSLY wasn't ANYWHERE. So, what did I do next?!? I followed some of the other directions on the FIRST PAGE:


I called Ikea. I told the (somehow) Indian dude that FINALLY answered the Denver location's phone that I was missing this CRUCIAL piece, and he said, "Oh, well, that piece comes seperately. Sorry that nobody told you that when you bought the bed frame..."

WTF?!?!? GAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment