Wednesday, November 2, 2011

23OCT2011

After a SUPER TOUGH day and a LONG night of fun, Joseph and I tried to get a good night's sleep. Me in my bed, and him (somehow?!?) in my nasty old Lazy Boy recliner! ;)

Fortunately, although NEITHER of us appreciated it at the moment, Jeff decided that the day was SO beautiful that it would be absolutely CRIMINAL if we didn’t wake up at that PRECISE MOMENT. Neither of us took kindly to the persistent knocking and/or continuous phone calls, but eventually, after much grumbling and whining, agreed to wake up, face the day, and go for a walk in the park with Jeff and his dog.

However, before we actually went over to the park, I insisted that I had to do a few chores. Much to my surprise, while I was out running errands, for some ridiculous reason Jeff and Joe decided to cook me breakfast. WHY?!? WTF?!? What did I do to deserve this? ;D Seriously. How awesome are these boys?!?


After we had all eaten our breakfast at the picnic table outside of our apartment complex, Joe and I decided that we absolutely MUST go and take a nap. Jeff, however, kept saying, “COME ON!!! Look outside! The sun is shining, the birds are singing! You’re missing ALL of it!!!” I tried to go into my room, close the door, and hide under the covers, but Jeff LITERALLY forced his way into my apartment. He then proceeded to jump up and down on my bed with ME IN IT. I was SOOOOO PISSED OFF, I nearly decked him! ;) I was tired and frustrated and apathetic. Joe returned to his natural habitat, i.e. the Lazy Boy, and was trying to do the same thing as me, i.e. hide from the world, but Jeff grabbed the lever on the side and released the foot rest... this had nearly the same effect as the "ejector seat" button in small aircrafts, and almost caused Joe to “crash land” into my TV console.

Thank GOD that Joe and I eventually (and COMPLETELY reluctantly) caved in to Jeff’s wishes! :) His plan was RAD. Jeff gave us each a towel to lie on, and we walked across the street to City Park, where we found the loveliest patch of green grass, and all lay down under a blue, cloudless sky. Joseph and I quickly realized how lucky we were that Jeff had FORCED us to go outside, and we took a nap while soaking up some Vitamin D. :)



Me laying in the sun and holding on to a half-eaten, pumpkin-shaped sugar cookie from a box of Halloween-themed goodies Jeff had bought for me earlier in the day because he thought they were cute. ;) I think he lives vicariously through me sometimes, because girls can get away with SO MUCH MORE THAN GUYS, LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment