Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Truth 1:

As Mumford & Sons so eloquently put it:
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won."
(From the song, "I Gave You All" on the album "Sigh No More")

A RAD photo of the band, used to advertise their performance in the "2011 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival" held in (where else?) New Orleans, LA.

-----

Well?!?
This morning, I was working on a few job applications, and FINALLY found a posting that TRULY caught my eye. If I were to imagine what the "Powers that Be" (haha) would say to me right now, it would be this:

"Ask, and thou shall receive."

Because I wasn't sure of the PRECICE quotation, I performed the HIGHLY sacred ritual known as the almighty "Google Search", which returned (obviously) MANY results, but I like the following best:

Luke 11:9-10
9: And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

I take this to mean that all this "asketh"-ing and "seeketh"-ing shall eventually be rewarded?!? *laughing* I'm also hoping that the "it" referred to above is a DOOR or a WINDOW or some other similarly-elegant way "out of the box" that doesn't involve a SLEDGEHAMMER! Fingers crossed here, guys...

P.S. Perhaps, in the future, I should refer to these searches as "Google Seekeths"?!? *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment