Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Me 10:

Once I got to "Sacred Heart" hospital (nice name, that), I checked myself in, and had both of the receptionists ROLLING in the aisles about the bad things that had happened to me. The second one told me a story about how she had JUST found out that her HUSBAND had accounts on TWO DIFFERENT DATING SITES, and they had been married, like, forever. She said she was about to slap him in the face with divorce papers, and I said, "Give him the boot, sister!" She said she was just about to, and I sang, "These Boots are Made for Walking" by the almost-great Nancy Sinatra, and she laughed. Really nice, AWESOME lady, I think she's reading my blog now. :)

After checking myself in, I went outside for a cigarette, and as soon as I had sat myself down by the window, a very pretty but obviously distressed gal comes running out, and she's on her cell phone saying, "I'm pregnant, I'm PREGNANT, SHIT!!! OH MY GOD!" This was eerie to me, as just a few days ago I was scared SHITLESS by this same possibility... I haven't had a visit from ol' Aunt Helen (The I.T. Crowd) in FOREVER, like three months, but that is just because I was SO, SO stressed, and then lost, like, 15 pounds in 2 weeks due to insomnia. Luckily, I was NOT, and have the pregnancy test to PROVE it. Thank God. That would have added a whole new dimension of horror to this situation. And the baby probably would have turned out like "Rosemary's Baby" or that CREEPY ASS kid from "The Omen" anyway. I'd have to ask the Doctor, "Hey... does this kid have a 666 on his skull? Let's look NOW before he grows any hair! Because I feel like this kid would NEVER let me sneak up on him with a razor while he's sleeping..." ;)


Lisa (for that is her name) had a cigarette, and the moment she got off the phone, I said, "Honey, are you okay? I'm sorry, I heard what you said, and I was just in a similar situation. You look like you only have one cigarette. Do you need more?" I then handed her the two very nicest packs out of my purse automatically, and only thought, "So that's why I have all of these packs of random cigarettes in my purse. So I can comfort am ACTUAL smoker with them in times of trouble." :)


We talked a little bit about her ultimately shitty situation, which included an ex-boyfriend who beat her (people always say emotional abuse is worse, but then, they usually haven't been BEATEN by the one person they should be able to trust). She also said she already HAD a child, and was 40, so she couldn't be having children anymore... it just isn't a good idea, admittedly. I just hugged her over and over and said it would get better, she could be STRONG and GET THROUGH THIS. And, that we should talk, because MANY men ARE IN FACT ASSHOLES. Not all, there are "better ones", but there are still many "divs" (Ricky Gervais's "Guides To...").

Anyway, Lisa and I made plans to hang out. She said that her friends were all terrible influences, and I'd love to be a good influence for her in her time of need. I'm planning to call her tomorrow. :) Poor, strong gal.

1 comment:

  1. My fingers are in the way ON PURPOSE. The shots seemed unbalanced somehow, and I wanted her to know (later when she sees these photos) that I was there for her.

    ReplyDelete