Saturday, September 24, 2011

AND NOW, I am a liar...

I said I'd sleep, but am taking a leaf out of Serafina Pekkala's book, a.k.a. the witch queen from a tribe in Inari, Findland, who first appears in the "The Golden Compass" trilogy in the FIRST book, "Northern Lights", and appears throughout the work until the last book, "The Amber Spyglass". This is an absolutely beautiful trilogy of supposed-CHILDREN'S books, which I MUST remember to reference again in the very near future... someone remind me.

Lyra, the main character, asks why she herself must remain bundled up in clothes and animal skins while serafina may ride alongside their balloon in nothing but tattered black silk.
Serafina replies that witches like to feel the star-light on their skin, but that it would kill anyone else who tried to do the same and was not a witch.



I can be SUCH a witch sometimes...


I can be SUCH a witch sometimes...

2 comments:

  1. There are only a few things in life that will make my nerve endings tingle... And those are the semi-dark things. *wink wink nudge nudge*

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a BITCH!!! BURN HER!!!! **wink to Monty Python members living AND dead, 'cause I LOVE you ALL! ESPECIALLY MICHAEL PALIN!!!**

    ReplyDelete