Sunday, October 23, 2011

22OCT2011

So, apparently, my brand of "passive aggressiveness" is SO STRONG that I can freeze someone out solely with the power of my own BLISTERING COLD THOUGHT-WAVES. Ha HAH! Admittedly, this is a strangely cruel way to get someone to move out of your apartment… like some kind of STRANGE torture, maybe on par with Japanese water-boarding. ;) Fortunately (or not, depending on who you’re talking to), my game of “shoot-em-up” using nothing but MIND BULLETS (“Powerful enough to kill a YAK from 200 yards away!” [Thank you, Tenacious D]) only lasted for the span of about ONE DAY, afternoon to afternoon. Yikes. I had NO IDEA that I could make someone feel so unwelcome in such a short period of time. Both saddening and not? Hmmmm…

In any case, I tried to set my brain waves to “Stun” rather than “Kill”, but despite this small kindness, the situation was still that sad kind of necessary bummer. Ray kept telling my friend Joseph that he could tell I didn’t want him here, and that he HAD to leave. At one point, he randomly told Joe that he was just going to LITERALLY “run away” with the clothes on his back, which made me laugh hysterically when I heard this. Alright, alright, you guys probably think me strange (at the very least), but don’t you DARE think I was being cruel! It WAS funny, given the fact that he had, like, three gigantic sets of expensive tools, a big suitcase full of clothing and personal items, a ton of fishing equipment, and a monumental number of dirty socks stashed in various places around my apartment. It was like being a parent to a 13 year-old who had their cell-phone privileges taken away, and the child threatens to simply leave the house, forgetting all necessities such as food, water, and clothing. It reminded me again of Calvin and Hobbes: In one particular sketch, Calvin runs away with Hobbes and a backpack, and later, Hobbes is distraught to discover that the pack contains nothing except for comic books. ;)

While Ray had no idea that I was aware of his little plan, I waited to see what else would develop in that mind of his…

No comments:

Post a Comment