Saturday, October 15, 2011

Me 2:

Me and my "Mumsford" down at the Eugene, OR "Saturday Market" this morning.

The vegetables, fruit, and plants at the "Farmer's Market":

Saturday Market

My mom and I walked around the Farmer's Market first, with her making the purchases and ME making/taking photographs. When I first got there, I was TOTALLY overwhelmed... OVERSTIMULATION, LOL! ;) SO many AWESOME hippie arts & crafts, so little time and/or money. Instead of buying all of them, which I TOTALLY can't afford, I decided to take photographs. They're free, though I got some weird looks from vendors and had to ask if I could photograph their kohlrabi. I felt like SUCH a paparazzi, except VEGETABLES were my victims, LOL! And those poor veggies... they truly had no say in the matter. ;)

I took a "smoke break" away from the market, near a bummed-looking hippie dude who was holding a sign that said, simply, "Everything helps." I saw him looking back at me as I slumped lazily against a tree, and wondered why. He got up and walked over, and asked (again, as TRULY COOL hippies ALWAYS seem to do) if he could BUY a cigarette from me. I told him that was nonsense, of course, and that I would GIVE him 3 for free. Before we established that he liked non-menthol ciggies, and before I gave him THREE of them, he asked me the following question:

"Has anybody told you yet, today, that you are BEAUTIFUL?"

I was kinda non-plussed in a GREAT way, but managed to say, "Well, no... Now that you ask... Thank you!" The sweet guy let me get a picture of myself and him, before bidding me adieu. I told him as I walked by, "Keep your chin up. You KNOW everything HAS to get better from here!"

His reply? "No doubt." Amen, brotha.



Some arts, crafts, and more FOOD with a "vertical slant"... LOL! ;)

Saturday Market 2



Some of the arts, crafts, flowers, and (naturally, of course) FOOD available for the taking... or is it for the BUYING?!? Wish I had more money, I'd have one of EACH of these meals and/or things! OH, wait, EXCEPT for the hippie kids playing music. I don't really need one of those, and suspect that they might be kinda expensive to feed. ;)

Saturday Market 3

No comments:

Post a Comment