Sunday, October 16, 2011

"ROCKIN' OUT" 1:

Right now, I am ROCKIN' OUT to David Jacobs-Strain's "Liar's Day", but I can't find the audio/video on YouTube, and that is the extent my "drive" took me until laziness took over the wheel. In any case, here are a few lyrics from THAT song:

"Some people call this freedom / I call it "Liar's Day" / Don't you count me among your martyrs / As you carry the bodies away."

This song makes me think of protests, REAL freedom, and ME in between! :)

...

SO. Instead, I shall play for you a cut of "Rainbow Junkies", a SWEET-ass song from the same album as the above, entitled "Liar's Day". Why? I'm not sure... maybe because the name reminded me of Carebears and Mario Kart's "Rainbow Road" the first time I heard it?!? ;D




Oh, and this song ALSO reminds me of a picture that my bud Jeremy G. had the presence of mind to post to his Facebook profile... (GAAHHH... Facebook, stop being so much FUN!!! WHY do I LOVE YOU?!? Let me count the ways... ?!? ;)


It is both SO EUGENE, and SO HILARIOUS!!! ;D


----
Oh, and A BIG P.S.: Why did YouTube pop up an ad when I played David's video that says, "Date Single Skiers: View Photo Profiles. Meet Local Singles Into Skiing. Join Now."?!? That is HILARIOUS. Like Portlandia, "[Dating Sites]...WHY?!?!? By the by, YouTube folks, I am a SNOWBOARDER. The SCOURGE of Colorado mountains! One of those who elicits hoards of THUMBED NOSES from the skiing elite! The one who is busy "messing up" (i.e. FLOATING OVER) the powder on those "bluebird" days, while you sink deep into the mire and curse me as I glide past.

An old Colorado man, now dead, once felt SO STRONGLY about keeping people like ME off his mountain that he wrote into his WILL that snowboarders must always, ALWAYS, until the END OF TIME, be kept off his mountain!!! LOL!!! ;) Well, Mr. Dead Guy, there are plenty of OTHER mountains. "Ya JACKASS"*! *wink*

* = Reference: Happy Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment