Friday, October 14, 2011

Me 3:

Suddenly, again, the K.D. Lang song "Waltz Me Once Again [Round That Dance Floor]" seems SO appropriate...

I had one of my favorite cigarettes just now; A Marlboro ULTRA-LIGHT "Skyline 100", with just a tiny hint of menthol. I had a realization just now that the reason "light" cigarettes are my favorite because I can smoke one in 3 minutes (approximately); IF I am in a hurry and don't REALLY want to smoke a cigarette. AND, it makes my "head go spinning round." K.D. Lang style.

AND, by the by, the album "Shadowland", which the above song is from, is ALL ABOUT smoking cigarettes AND drinking Coffee (with a BIG "C")! Yesssss! ;)


Smoking quick-burning cigarettes reminds me of "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion", an unexpectedly brilliant movie. Heather Mooney, Janeane Garofolo's character, became an inventor because she invented the quick burning paper for some girly cigarettes. Scene:

[ Romy ]
IT'S ROMY. ROMY WHITE !

[ Heather ]
YOU'RE SHITTIN' ME.
...
[ Romy (Braying Laugh) ]
SO, GOD, YOU'RE DRIVING A NEW JAGUAR ? WHAT DO YOU DO ?

[ Heather ]
EVER HEAR OF LADY FAIR CIGARETTES ?

[ Romy ]
THE ONES THAT BURN DOWN FAST ?


[ Heather ]
TWICE THE TASTE IN HALF THE TIME FOR THE GAL ON THE GO. I
INVENTED THE QUICK-BURNING PAPER.

[ Romy ]
WOW.


A clip with a few great scenes containing Janeane Garofolo's character. Also LOVED her in "The Truth About Cats and Dogs", too, opposite Uma Thurman and some hot British dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment